Requirements for Recording Land Documents
- Must have a prepared document with original signatures and notary (notary must include an acknowledgement statement).
- Names(s) of each signer (individuals, corporations, trusts etc.) must be printed beneath signature line.
- Notary/attorney name (or bar number for attorney) must be printed beneath signature line.
- Deeds must be accompanied by a declaration of value form (transfer tax form) and transfer tax, if tax is due.
- Documents must be legible when scanned for the permanent record.
- E-recording margin requirements - 1 inch margin on top of each page, 2 x 4 inch margin on top of last page.
- Paper recording margin requirements
- Side margin of 3/4 inch on all pages
- Top margin 1st page of 1 3/4 inches across (no punched holes, stickers, or writing in any margins)
- All other pages need a 1 inch top margin
- Bottom margin of 1 1/2 inches across bottom of last page
- Font size must be no smaller than size 10 Times New Roman.
- Paper can be no larger than 8 1/2 x 14.
- Margin Requirements
- A tax of $4.40 per thousand is imposed upon the sale, granting, or transfer of real estate and interest therein.
- An exemption from the transfer tax must be clearly stated on the declaration of value form.
- Click here to access the Transfer Tax Form (PDF) and instructions